The Summer Holidays have started & we're looking forward to many days together outdoors. Here are 50 of our favourite activities to have fun & explore the beautiful Summer season.
1. Enjoy some shade on a nature walk through local woodland.
2. Create your own land art in your garden or local park with sticks collected on a woodland walk.
3. Design & build your own Water Wall.
4. Create a magical world at the bottom of your garden.
5. Get creative at the beach & create your own sand art. Can you make a monster, mermaid, or pirate using seaweed, driftwood, & pebbles?
6. Have a tide fight. Build sandcastles with friends near the sea & wait to see which sandcastle will survive the longest.
7. Go crabbing by the sea, or fishing in a local lake.
8. Explore rock pools.
9. Collect shells from the beach & make a beautiful wind chime.
10. Explore the flowers in your garden with these 10 activities.
11. Make mud pies
12. Discover & play in a mud bath!
13. Create your own Flower Sprinkler from a milk carton.
14. Make your own play dough ice-cream stand
15. Take a picnic & go an adventure to a local park, woodland or beach.
16. Create a coffee shop or tea room in your own backyard.
17. Roll down a hill!
19. Cool off in the summer sun with some ice play.
20. Create your own ocean.
21. Explore a little science & make a rainbow using a garden hose/sprinkler & sunshine.
22. Create a nature wand using summer flowers & leaves.
23. Paint outside using a space hopper & patio toys!
24. Have fun with homemade spray paint.
25. Host your own Olympic Games for your toys.
26. Stay up a little later & go on a sunset walk.
27. Go camping some place new, or in your back garden.
29. Make an outdoor Zip Wire for toys
30. Build a den
31. Explore the life of a pond & how it changes over the Summer.
32. Play with the clouds on sticks!
33. Go on a bug hunt with these bug spotter sticks.
34. Create new worlds with these magical mini doors.
35. Explore & play in the rain with these 20 Activities.
36. Wash toys outside in the paddling pool.
37. Play Poohsticks with your family at a nearby bridge
38. Create a butterfly garden, or a simple space for wildlife.
39. Build a boat or raft & set sail on a new adventure.
40. Make your own traffic signs for outdoor play. Learn about road safety & what signs mean.
41. Create simple lanterns to decorate summer evenings.
42. Go on a butterfly hunt. How many caterpillars, moths or butterflies can you find, & where did you find them?
43. Grow a bean tepee tent! Great for producing homegrown veggies & great as a natural tent to play in!
44. Make a collection of crazy play dough bugs.
45. Create a garden mosaic.
46. Climb & explore trees.
48. Make your own desert island.
49. Upcycle & create garden snails
50. Decorate your garden throughout the season with these hovering dragonflies.
Wishing you a happy Summer filled with many outdoor adventures that will make magical memories for many years to come.