Today marks the first of our wild outdoor adventures for this year's 30 Days Wild.
The Wildlife Trusts' 30 Days Wild is encouraging everyone, regardless of age, to explore their outdoor environment & experience all that nature has to offer for the next 30 days.
Due to the heavy rain we had last night we're planning lots of mud play & exploration today!
Mud play is one of those magical childhood experiences offering so many natural discoveries, often alongside plenty of giggles.
1. Build with it & create mud castles
2. Sculpt with it & create a mud work of art on a tree or outdoor wall
3. Help the birds make a nest with it
4. Give yourself a mud high five & make a mud hand print
5. Stick things to the wall with it & discover just how sticky & strong mud is.
6. Splat it with your hands & feet & discover the amazing sounds it makes.
7. Sink your feet into it & feel how cool it is. Can you feel its suction too?
8. Search for worms in it. You could add them to a homemade wormery.
9. Dig in it & create a mud hole or cave, who might live in there?
10. Make 'mud' cakes with it, there are so many recipes you could create. We love to add dandelion petals to the tops of ours.
11. Paint with it. Just add a little water & you can create your own cave style paintings.
12. Paint yourself with it! Mud was made for body painting! This has to be one of our favourites, what a great way to express yourself & truly explore the natural qualities of mud!
If you're exploring mud today, I hope you'll have as much fun as we have with it.