We're celebrating Spring by sharing 50 of our favourite Outdoor Activities for Kids to enjoy this season! It's such a great time of year to explore & perfect for encouraging plenty of play, as well as discovering all that nature has to offer!
So here are our 50 favourite activities to enjoy out & about this Springtime!
1. Spring is the perfect time to grow your own fruit or vegetables. (If you have limited space here are a few ideas to inspire.)
3. Listen to the trees in a spring breeze.
4. Help peg out the washing outside!
5. Make a bug hotel for local insects.
6. Plant some sunflower seeds. Why not give some to friends & have a sunflower growing competition
8. Blow bubbles with a friend & take it in turns to run & catch them.
9. Grab a bike, scooter or trike & set off on an adventure with all your family.
10. Go puddle jumping... & encourage the adults to join in too!
11. Go on a snowdrop walk with your family, or see if you can spot them as you walk around your neighbourhood.
12. Make a rainbow wand & dance with it around your garden or local park.
15. Make a simple birdbath.
16. Go on a worm hunt.
17. Visit your local beach.
18. Wrap up in your waterproofs & go exploring in the rain.
20. Play with indoor toys outside! (Plastic toys are ideal for this.)
22. Go on an evening walk & watch the sunset.
23. Instead of having a playdate indoors why not go on a walk together!
24. Climb up a hill... roll down a hill!
25. Collect sticks.
27. Go on an Easter egg hunt.
28. Paint outside walls, sheds & garden fences with paintbrushes & water.
29. Wash the windows! So much soapy fun to be had!
30. Make a kite & explore what happens when you run with it on a windy day.
31. Visit your local playground.
32. Discover newly born chicks.
33. Hold a Spring tea party for favourite toys
34. Make Spring Hats & have an outdoor parade.
35. Go on a blossom hunt & make blossom confetti! Throw it, catch it, dance in it!
36. Take a walk to feed the ducks. Can you spot any new ducklings?
37. Hug a tree! What signs of Spring can you see on the tree?
38. Collect a favourite pebble on a walk & turn it into a Pebble Pal!
39. Keep bubble bottles & turn them into a Spring Wind Chimes
40. Go on a Spring hunt looking for signs of Spring?
41. Visit a nearby pond with family & go pond dipping. Can you find any tadpoles?
43. Search for daisies & make a daisy chain.
44. Create some Land Art with items collected from a nature walk.
45. Take a large cardboard box outside to play in... what will it turn into?
46. Explore a bluebell wood (April/May)
47. Look for moths/butterflies hiding under plants.
48. Make a simple bird feeder!
50. Visit a local woodland & go bird spotting. Which birds can your see or hear?
Have a great time outdoors exploring Spring!