Looking for ways to play outdoors this season? Here are 50 ideas to inspire some creative & active play for all ages.
3. Create an outdoor structure with weaving ribbons
4. Go on a bear hunt around your backyard, neighbourhood, or local woodland.
5 Make a magic nature wand
6. Go on a hunt for spider webs first thing in the morning. What do they look like when the sun shines on them, or when decorated with dew?
7. Catch & preserve a real Spider Web.
9. Make a mini outdoor shelter for some pebble pals
10. Wrap up warm & go on a beach walk on a windy day.
11. Create an outdoor nature hanging
12. DANCE, JUMP & PLAY in a pile of leaves!
13. Go on a leaf hunt & see how many different colours & textures you can find.
14. Make your own compost by raking up the leaves from your garden & adding them to a bin bag. Punch a few holes in the side & base of the bag & add a little water. Tie the bag & leave over the winter, & next Autumn you should have some homemade leaf mulch to use around the base of your plants.
15. Get digging & plant some bulbs ready for Spring!
16. Go blackberry picking in the countryside
17. Go apple picking & taste apples straight from the tree!
18. Make prints with muddy wellie boots! Great for exploring patterns, shapes & textures.
19. Wrap up warm one evening & go star gazing. Which constellations can you see?
20. Go to a fireworks display with family & friends.
21. Collect some sticks & build a hedgehog house.
23. Create an outdoor music station with spoons!
26. Go on a tree hunt with paper & wax crayons! Make bark rubbings of each tree you find, & check out the different patterns.
27. Make a 3D Autumn Canvas with conkers, leaves, sticks & more!
29. Make an outdoor Kitchen with a few old pots & pans, & use nature findings as the ingredients.
30. Go on a crunchy leaf walk with friends. Take a bag & see how many nature goodies you can collect. Why not make your own nature scavenger hunt.
31. Make & plant your own stick tree
32. Add a bucket & spade to mud & explore. How many mud pies can you make?
33. Pick your own Pumpkin and decorate it with your family.
34. Turn sycamore seeds into helicopters. How high can you throw them & how fast will they spin?
35. Create a bug hotel
36. Help the birds make a nest with mud & sticks
37. Paint with leaves instead of paintbrushes.
38. Make a drum kit with sunflowers!
39. Go on a Gruffalo hunt!
41. Make a Café for the birds in your garden
42. Play hide & seek. If you only have a small outdoor space, why not hide small toys outdoors for the kids to find.
43. Climb a tree.
44. Explore a haystack at harvest with your family
45. Create a game of Autumn Tic-Tac-Toe with conkers, acorns & sticks!
46. Read, Play & Build with a book outdoors
47. Visit a local park on a chilly day. While you're running around can see your breath? Why do you think that is?
48. Explore play dough, seeds, leaves & twigs outdoors.
49. Harvest seeds from plants in your garden ready to use next year.
50. Create your own Land Art