Spring is just around the corner & to celebrate we're sharing 50 Outdoor Activities for Kids to enjoy this season! It's a great time of year to explore & perfect for encouraging plenty of physical play, as well as discovering all that nature has to offer!
So here are our 50 favourite activities to enjoy out & about this Springtime!
1. Spring is the perfect time to grow your own fruit or vegetables. (If you have limited space here are a few ideas to inspire.)
3. Listen to the trees in a spring breeze.
4. Help peg out the washing outside!
5. Make a bug hotel for local insects.
6. Plant some sunflower seeds. Why not give some to friends & have a sunflower growing competition
8. Blow bubbles with a friend & take it in turns to run & catch them.
9. Grab a bike, scooter or trike & set off on an adventure with all your family.
10. Go puddle jumping... & encourage the adults to join in too!
11. Go on a snowdrop walk with your family, or see if you can spot them as you walk around your neighbourhood.
12. Make a rainbow wand & dance with it around your garden or local park.
15. Make a simple birdbath.
16. Go on a worm hunt.
17. Visit your local beach.
18. Wrap up in your waterproofs & go exploring in the rain.
20. Play with indoor toys outside! (Plastic toys are ideal for this.)
22. Go on an evening walk & watch the sunset.
23. Instead of having a playdate indoors why not go on a walk together!
24. Climb up a hill... roll down a hill!
25. Collect sticks.
27. Go on an Easter egg hunt.
28. Paint outside walls, sheds & garden fences with paintbrushes & water.
29. Wash the windows! So much soapy fun to be had!
30. Make a kite & explore what happens when you run with it on a windy day.
31. Visit your local playground.
32. Discover newly born chicks.
33. Hold a Spring tea party for favourite toys
34. Make Easter/Spring Hats & have an Easter bonnet parade outdoors
35. Go on a blossom hunt & make blossom confetti! Throw it, catch it, dance in it!
36. Take a walk to feed the ducks... & Spring ducklings.
37. Hug a tree! What signs of Spring can you see on the tree?
38. Collect a favourite pebble on a walk & turn it into a Pebble Pal!
39. Keep bubble bottles & turn them into a Spring wind chimes
40. Go on a Spring hunt looking for signs of Spring?
41. Visit a nearby pond with family & go pond dipping. Can you find any tadpoles?
43. Search for daisies & make a daisy chain.
44. Create some Land Art with items collected from a nature walk.
45. Take a large cardboard box outside to play in... what will it turn into?
46. Explore a bluebell wood (April/May)
47. Look for moths/butterflies hiding under plants.
48. Make a simple bird feeder!
50. Visit a local woodland & go bird spotting. Which birds can your see or hear?
You can download a printable list of these activities here.
We're excited to be joining in the Spring bloghop organised by the lovely Angelique Felix & Rainy Day Mum. Check out the other great blogs taking part from around the world & their fabulous Spring & Easter activities.
The Magic of Play, Rainy Day Mum, hands on : as we grow, Putti's World, Blog Me Mom, Scribble Doodle and Draw, 3 Dinosaurs, Buggy and Buddy, Royal Baloo, Kitchen Counter Chronicle, Nurture Store, The Usual Mayhem, Making Boys Men, Two Daloo, Reading Confetti, Creative Play House, Fantastic Fun and Learning, Here Come the Girls, Blue Bear Wood, Zing Zing Tree, Mummy Mummy Mum, Red Ted Art, Life at the Zoo, My Little 3 and Me, Imprints from Tricia, Smiling Like Sunshine, Frogs & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails, Creative Connection for Kids, 52 Brand New, Inspiration Laboratories, Kid World Citizen, JDaniel 4s Mom, Inspired by Familia, Kids Creative Chaos, All Done Monkey, ArtChoo, Something 2 Offer, Child Central Station, KC Edventures, Momma's Fun World, Sun Hats and Wellie Boots, Discovering the world through my son's eyes, Little Artists