We've been enjoying bread making at home, & yesterday we thought we'd try our hand at making some Easter Bunny Bread! The recipe we followed was so quick & easy, just perfect to make with toddlers who like quick results, & the finished product was delicious too!
The recipe we used was from Doves Farm & if you visit their site you'll find many more delicious recipes to enjoy. There are some great gluten-free recipes, & I love the fact that their products are organic & fairly traded too.)
500g Doves Farm strong bread flour (we used half white & half wholemeal)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of Doves Farm quick yeast
275ml hand hot water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar & quick yeast
2. Pour in the water & mix the ingredients together to form a rough dough
3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface
4. Using the bunny cookie cutter cut out as many rolls as you wish.
5. Place on a lightly greased tin/baking sheet
6. Cover with a clean damp cloth & leave to rise somewhere warm for 25mins.
7. Remove cloth & place in a preheated oven for 20-45 mins depending on size of bread. (Our rolls took around 20mins to cook)
Once our bread had been cooked & cooled someone couldn't wait to sample it! 10 out of 10 was her verdict, & I think I'd have to agree. We'll definitely be using this Doves Farm recipe again as the rolls were delicious & so quick & easy to prepare.
If you're looking for an Easter sandwich filling for your Easter rolls, how about adding some
Easter Bunny Cress along with some cheese, ham, or egg!
Happy baking & happy munching!