We made a some Easter Bunny bread rolls using this recipe, along with some Hedgehogs & Easter Eggs which Minnie then added to her Bakery!
500g strong bread flour (we used half white & half wholemeal)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of Doves Farm quick yeast
275ml hand hot water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar & quick yeast
2. Pour in the water & mix the ingredients together to form a rough dough
3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface
4. Cut & mould the dough into your desired shape
5. Place on a lightly greased tin/baking sheet
6. Cover with a clean damp cloth & leave to rise somewhere warm for 25mins (we placed our baking trays next to our boiler)
7. Remove cloth & place in a preheated oven for 20-45 mins depending on size of bread. (Our rolls took around 20mins to cook)
Here's how we got on...
|Mixing our dough|
|Kneading the dough|
|Exploring the properties of the dough|
|Discovering its elasticity|
|Cutting out our bunny shapes with the cookie cutters|
Once our bread had been cooked & cooled, it went straight into her Baker's Shop ready to sell to her customers, & ready for 'Minnie the Baker' to (ahem) sample! I did manage to snap a couple of pics before the bread disappeared.
|Minnie the Baker enjoying her delicious bread!|
We will definitely be making this bread again.
Our Easter bunny bread will go really well with our fresh eggs for our Easter Day breakfast!
To see what Minnie did with her bread check out her Baker's Shop