These look really effective when hanging from a ceiling or shelf, & are a great opportunity to explore shape, colour, number, design, & fine motor skills.
To make a snowman you'll need:
4 paper plates
2 Sticks (we collected ours from the garden)
Black paper, pens, scissors, glue
Material/paper for a nose
Thin ribbon or wool
Biodegradable Glitter - optional
How to make:
1. Stick 2 paper plates together to make the Snoman's head. Glue the other 2 plates to make the body.
2. Add eyes, nose, buttons etc using paper shapes, or pens. (Minnie used a scrap of orange felt for a carrot nose & buttons to decorate her Snow-lady.)
3. Use a hole-punch to make a hole in the top of the 'body' plate, & top & bottom of the 'face' plate for the ribbon.
4. Thread the ribbon/wool through the holes & secure. Leave a little ribbon hanging to create a scarf effect. To hang your snowman up add another thread to the top of the head.
6. Make 2 holes on either side of the lower plate with the skewer. The holes need to go through just one of the plates so the stick arms can be posted through.
7. Hang up somewhere where you can see your Smiley Snowman spin!
And when your Snowman or Snowlady are finished, how about sharing this beautiful book together. With its glittery pages & imaginative text 'The Smiley Snowman' is the perfect book to read alongside this craft.