We're looking forward to Bonfire Night on 5th November, & thought this year we'd create a special cake to share with friends & family at our bonfire party.
It's a simple cake to create & great to make with children of all ages.
Large chocolate Swiss roll
Chocolate finger biscuits / Matchmakers
Red & yellow icing
16oz icing sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
8oz soft unsalted butter
2 tbs milk
1. Cut the Swiss roll into rounds & arrange in a pyramid shape
2. Make the butter icing by sieving the icing sugar & cocoa powder into a large bowl, adding the butter, milk & vanilla extract & mixing with a whisk until smooth.
3. Now for the fun part! Cover the Swiss roll pyramid with the butter icing using a spatula or large spoon.
4. To build your bonfire, add the breadsticks & chocolate fingers to the cake. Any broken biscuits or breadsticks can be used to decorate the base.
5. Shape the ready-made red & yellow icing into flame shapes, & use to decorate the sticks at the top of the cake. We mixed red & yellow icing to create our orange flames.
To finish off your cake add a couple of indoor sparklers to the top, or a sparkler candle.
A tasty bonfire bake to set any firework party off with a bang!