Minnie & her Dad surprised me yesterday with these homemade treats. So I thought I'd share the recipe with you, but be warned they are very yummy!
8oz self-raising flour
1oz caster sugar
2oz dairy-free spread
150ml oat milk
1 beaten egg
Preheat oven to 220C
1. In a large bowl rub the spread into the flour.
2. Add the sugar & stir, before adding the milk. Mix to form a dough.
3. Place dough mixture onto a floured work surface and knead lightly & flatten (approx 2cm thick).
4. Using a star shape cookie cutter, cut out the star scones. You could, of course, use any cutter, but if using a small shape just adjust your cooking time slightly.
5. Place the scones on a baking sheet & brush the tops with the beaten egg.
6. Pop in the oven & bake for 12-15mins or until scones are well-risen & golden.
7. Leave on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
They taste delicious when served warm with a little cream & jam. Nom nom nom!