Spring is the perfect time of year to search for minibeasts. So to celebrate these amazing little creatures we've collected together some of our favourite bug activities & crafts.
1. Decorate any outdoor space with these beautiful hovering dragonflies made from pipe cleaners.
2. Send a "hello" in the post to a friend with one of these dragonfly cards made from sycamore seeds.
3. Explore just how amazing earthworms are & build your own Wormery.
4. Decorate your garden with these super cute upcycled Snails. Great for keeping the birds away from growing seedlings in the veggie patch too.
5. These Fluttering Butterfly Magnets brighten up any metal surface & can be used indoors or outside.
6. Design & build your own Butterfly Garden to encourage wildlife & explore minibeast habitats.
7. Add some colour to windows with these super simple butterfly suncatchers.
8. Explore bugs from every angle with this homemade upcycled mirror discovery box.
9. Build a home for bugs in your backyard with these simple bug hotels.
10. Go on a hunt for spiderwebs & create your own spider web canvas.
11. Go on a nature hunt around your neighbourhood - perfect any time of year.
12. Track the movements of minibeasts in your outdoor space with these Bug Spotter Sticks.
13. Create your own minibeasts with a few accessories & play dough.
14. Upcycle some old materials to create a giant dragonfly puppet, great for storytelling & imaginative play.
15. Create a natural outdoor space to encourage & explore minibeasts in your backyard.
Why not grab a pair of wellie boots, head outdoors, & discover which minibeasts are hanging out in your backyard.