300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp of ground cinnamon
150g soft brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
115g butter (melted)
175g rhubarb (chopped)
Preheat oven to 200˚C
1) In a large bowl sieve the flour, baking powder & cinnamon.
2) In another large bowl beat the mascarpone until soft, & then slowly mix in the milk until creamy.
3) Beat the egg into the milk mixture, & then stir in the sugar, butter & chopped rhubarb.
4) Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients & stir together.
5) Once combined spoon the mixture into muffin cases.
6) Cook the muffins for 20mins until risen & golden.
7) Leave to cool for a few minutes in the muffin tin to help the muffins retain their shape.
If you like your rhubarb tangy, then enjoy the muffins as they are. To take away a little of the sharpness, sprinkle a little icing sugar over the muffins, & enjoy!
Serve these muffins with a little custard & they make a nice dessert too.
A great way for Minnie to discover seasonal food.