Here's a super simple recipe for kids to make for a Valentine treat.
(makes 4 ramekin size cheesecakes)
100g digestive biscuits (we didn't have enough plain biscuits so added some choc chip cookies)
45g unsalted butter
200g of cream cheese
150g double cream
100g icing sugar
1 packet of popping candy, sprinkles or fruit for decoration
4 Ramekin Dishes
For the base:
1. Add the biscuits to a plastic food bag & crush into crumbs using a rolling pin.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, & then stir in the biscuit crumbs.
3. Add the biscuit mixture to the base of the ramekin with a teaspoon, pushing the mixture down to create a flat base.
For the topping:
4. Add the cream cheese & cream into a mixing bowl & mix together with a handheld mixer until thick.
5. Spoon this mixture onto the biscuit base & chill in the fridge for 20 min.
6. Before serving add the popping candy & any other topping to decorate.
This little dessert is extra fun if you serve it up without telling anyone about the popping candy!
A surprise which is bound to create giggles! ♥