To make our heart shape Pizzas we used:
225g (8oz) Self raising flour
55g (2 oz) Butter
150ml (5fl oz) milk
Pinch of salt
For our Toppings Minnie chose:
Grated mild cheese
The great thing about this recipe is that children can experiment with different toppings & create their very own unique pizza!
1. Sieve the flour & mix in the salt before rubbing in the butter to make a crumbly mixture.
2. Slowly add the milk & combine with the flour to form a soft dough.
3. Lightly knead the dough on a floured surface & then roll out with a rolling pin.
4. Shape the dough to create the pizza base. Minnie used a heart shaped cookie cutter to make hers.
5. Place the pizza bases onto a baking sheet & then add your choice of toppings. Minnie started by adding a layer of tomato paste, a sprinkling of cheese & then a little of each of the toppings she had chosen.
6. Place pizzas into a preheated oven (200˚c) for 15-20mins.
7. Serve, eat & enjoy!
These proved to be a big hit with my little chef & I think she'll be creating more of these yummy creations soon... I know her Dad will be pleased! ;-)