Maggy from Red Ted Art & Josie from Sleep is for the Weak are setting us a challenge! It's about craft, raising awareness, & making a difference.
The Craft -
1) Get your child to either draw or craft a self portrait of themselves now or in the future.
2) Sign the Save the Children petition and then pass it onto your friends
3) Write a blog post about it as soon as possible, including info about Save the Children and the petition. We want as many people linked up AND signed up to the petition by Sunday 29th May 2011
4) Tag 8 fellow blogger friends
5) Link up your posts, so we can all share your craftiness
6) If you have time, visit each other posts and say hello!
Here's how Minnie created her self portrait
|She added her favourite colours to the canvas|
|Hole punched circles from her spray paint art|
|Drew a picture of her face using glue|
|Added the hole punched circles to the gluey portrait|
|Minnie by Minnie (3yrs)|
Raising Awareness -
Save The Children “No Child Born to Die” Campaign
This week 3 bloggers/ vloggers are going to Mozambique to follow the journey of a vaccine from the coldstore in the city right down to a rural community. They will write, make films and tweet about their experiences, the children and families they meet and the challenges of “cold” vaccinations in hot countries.
The bloggers going on the trip are, Lindsay Atkin (Liliesarelike) Chris Mosler (Thinly Spread) & Tracey Cheetham (http://www.tchee.co.uk/ ). Follow their journey on Twitter & YouTube using the hashtag #PassItOn.
Making a Difference -
If you haven't yet signed the No Child Born To Die Petition please pop over & add your name.
In this day & age it seems crazy that those children who need vaccinations & medication the most are the least likely to receive it. We are so privileged in the West, lets make a difference to those who have less. Shouldn't we all be born to shine?
I'm tagging some of my favourite bloggers to join in the challenge