60g caster sugar
110g self-raising flour
A little vegetable oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl beat the egg, added the milk & beat them together.
3. Pour the milk/egg mixture into the dry mixture & combine well to form a batter. (We used a hand whisk but an electric whisk would obviously be much quicker) If there are any lumps in the mixture, just continuing whisking until they disappear.
4. Wipe a little oil around a cool non-stick pan. Once the pan is hot pour a tablespoon of the batter into the pan to form a small circle shape. We managed to fit 5-6 into our pan.
5. The pancakes should take around 60 seconds to cook on each side, check that the underside is cooked & golden before flipping it over using a slice.
6. Once the batch is cooked transfer them to a plate, take the pan off the heat & wipe the pan with a little more oil & add the remaining batter as before.
Once we had finished our pancakes we added our toppings. I used a muffin tin which helped keep the toppings neatly-ish together.
|Spot the little hand eager to just sample the blueberries!|
The toppings we used were; mango chunks, blueberries, raisins, banana, honey, & fromage frais, all of which Minnie loves. There are lots of possible toppings for the pancakes; most fruit works really well, as does jam, maple syrup, or greek yoghurt...yum!
Here’s how Minnie decorated (& enjoyed) her pancakes...
|The fromage frais was a big hit!|
Perfect pancakes for any mini pancake party!